AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be taking my i1Display, and Spyder3 as carry on. They're going to be in a Pelican 1200 case with a ilica Gel re-usable desiccant pack. Has anyone else had experience with the way TSA handles this? I really don't want them throwing around my stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
As a carry on, I wouldn't be too worried. I routinely fly with a few thousand dollars worth of camera equipment as carry-ons, and they've never given me a hard time. It goes through the x-ray machine on the conveyor, and that's about it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermatch /forum/post/20817834

As a carry on, I wouldn't be too worried. I routinely fly with a few thousand dollars worth of camera equipment as carry-ons, and they've never given me a hard time. It goes through the x-ray machine on the conveyor, and that's about it.

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. The meters do look pretty weird though.

·
Registered
19,964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic /forum/post/0

I'm going to be taking my i1Display, and Spyder3 as carry on. They're going to be in a Pelican 1200 case with a ilica Gel re-usable desiccant pack. Has anyone else had experience with the way TSA handles this? I really don't want them throwing around my stuff.

Thanks

It really depends on the airport you travel through and the current threat status. In some, you will get it x-ray'ed and that is it. Others will open it and test for explosives/chemicals/etc.. Both are painless.

BTW, never tell the TSA your equipment is something it is not. You are just asking for trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/20818595

BTW, never tell the TSA your equipment is something it is not. You are just asking for trouble.

Absolutely correct! You could say textile industry, photography or video calibration since the equipment is used in all of those industries and for generally the same purpose of color measurment.
However, you shouldn't say it is used for audio calibration...that would be a no no!

·
Registered
19,964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMikeBravo /forum/post/0

However, since the equipment is primarily for photo use (remember the hardware is generally derived from the photography world and its the SOFTWARE that allows us to use it for the purposes we do) he won't be telling any fibs.

To each his own. There is no reason to twist the truth when it comes to the TSA. Respect them by being 100% honest and you are guaranteed to get it back. I've flown enough times with my equipment to see this first hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.