AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a Panny th42pwd8uk, and will be needing a tilt wall mount for it. I've seen mounts costing anywhere from $50 to $600. Why the big spread in price for something so simple as a mount? Is there something I should be looking for specifically?

I found a Peerless St-640 for $84...would anyone recommend this mount, or can recommend something else in this price range?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The st-640 Peerless mount is for 22"-37" screens. Won't work for your 42" screen. ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
There are several things to be aware of. One is how far out from the wall the mount will position the plasma. Another would be the amount of tilt you require. I bought both of my tilting plasma mounts from mountsandmore.com and was very happy with the service they provided. They carry just about everything and are very knowledgeable about the products they sell. Give them a call and discuss your requirements.

·
Registered
46 Posts
MountsAndMore is good, I'd recommend them as well. The more expensive mounts are usually the articulating kind. Those will let you pull the plasma out from the wall, up to about 30 inches! Also, you can tilt the display 90degrees to either side, etc. I'm getting an articulating mount so that we can pull the plasma closer to us when watching movies, so it'll be easier to add/remove cables, and so we can watch from the kitchen if we want.

Some mounts (like Premier) are really slim so that the plasma will be close to the wall.

Check out Tech4Less.com and search for "plasma". They have open box mounts there, and that's where I found our articulating mount for cheap! MountsandMore will sell just adapter plates individually if that's all you need...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.