AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide me with some pointers about the best way to move a big screen TV up stairs? My big screen was downstairs when we moved into our current house, but we have since replaced it with a slightly smaller HDTV. Now I'd like to move the bigscreen upstairs into my game room. It's a 53" Philips, that to the best of my knowledge does not come apart into 2 pieces. Also, there's a curve in my stairs... Do I have a chance of successfully moving it myself (with help from wife and friends) or should I not even attempt it and call a professional?

Thanks,

Futzy

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
I hired a professional that guaranteed to fix it if he broke it. Brought his assistant. Cost to me: $40. Well worth the peace of mind. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
731 Posts
A friend of mine has moved his TW57F80 twice to the upstairs of his apartments. Both times he hired a fork lift (with operator) to do the job. It looks scary, but sure beats trying to heft one up stairs and around corners.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I've carried a 60" Panny up a straight-run flight of stairs at my in-law's house - it was just two of us, and I'm closer in size to Arnie Schwarzenegger's long lost cousin, Ernie Schwarzenegger. It was heavier than a *****, but we did it. Would I risk doing it again? Mmm... I doubt it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.