AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon AVR-1802 that I picked up 5 years ago. Great receiver but I just recently picked up a 55" Samsung LN55B640 LCD and Samsung BDP-3600 Blu Ray player. Here are my questions:

1- The Denon is older so can not decode the most recent Audio formats. I did notice that it has analog inputs on the back panel. Can I connect all the corresponding jacks on the receiver and Blu Ray player? And let the BLU RAY do all the decoding?

2- If so What settings do I have to make on the receiver and Blu Ray player to enable it?

3- Will doing so still allow the other connections (DVR, xBox 360,) to operate normally.

I appreciate any assistance!

·
Registered
515 Posts
1. Yes you can, the BD will do the decoding.

2. The receiver is set to multichannel input. You set the BD player to decode the formats in the audio menu. Please refer to the BD players manual in the section about using multchannel outputs for more info on the setup.

3 Yes, you just select your normal inputs as before with your other components on the receiver. The multichannel input is your new input for the BD player. You will have to hook up the video out via HDMI from the player directly to the TV for this configuration to work correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts