AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is my first 120hz HDTV with motionflo. Previous HDTV was a 50" Grand Wega Rear Proj. LCD. Anyways, I've had this TV maybe 2 weeks now. Well my question is concerning the motionflo. I like to always have my motionflo on high, but at times i noticed the picture frames (fps) kinda drop and make it choppy for a split second. Its kind of annoying. If i go to standard it doesn't do it as much. BTW this is when watching over the air 1080i HD channels. It also does it with Blueray movies as well. It will be very smooth then for a split second or 1 second it goes choppy then goes back to smooth for a good 10 seconds then back to choppy again. Am i not suppose to run the motionflo on high all the time or what? At first i hated it, but then i started watching it more and now really like it and can't stand to watch any movies/shows with low frame rate. I like the smoothness now. Any ideas?

Also i find that the sports setting with the brightness up a tad looks best IMO for all TV viewing and my gaming. Also motionflo on high. It may not be right, but my pov i like it and looks the best.

·
Registered
242 Posts
See my post in Official KDL..EX500/501 Thread.

I have never noticed on mine. I usually use MotionFlow on Standard except for sports. I also turn it off for Blu-ray viewing most of the time. What setting do you have CineMotion on? I use Auto 1 but Auto 2 also looks good. Have not really decided which is best. Leaning towards Auto 2 though.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Blu-Ray passes 1080/24P naturally and doesn't need the help of Motion Flow and if you do your inserting frames that are not needed and you'll get that soap opera or claymation crap - adjust it for sports and preference but you actually have no need for Motion Flow while an updated BD Player and content is being passed through to the TV unless of course you prefer that unnatural experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 /forum/post/18296196

Blu-Ray passes 1080/24P naturally and doesn't need the help of Motion Flow and if you do your inserting frames that are not needed and you'll get that soap opera or claymation crap - adjust it for sports and preference but you actually have no need for Motion Flow while an updated BD Player and content is being passed through to the TV unless of course you prefer that unnatural experience.

Yea im starting to like that unnatural experience. Thats why im asking if its normal for this TV to get choppy frames for a second in the high motion mode on regular TV?

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy03Z06 /forum/post/18298655

Yea im starting to like that unnatural experience. Thats why im asking if its normal for this TV to get choppy frames for a second in the high motion mode on regular TV?

Not that I have seen. Blu-ray looks fine, no choppiness at all. Same with TV in HD although the quality will vary by channel and whenever the cable system wants to compress more (artifacts). I watch sports in high motion mode and it seems fine to me.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy03Z06 /forum/post/18298655

You may want to check this link:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...?tag=mncol;txt

See number 3 in the article. It explains maybe what you are seeing. I have not noticed it since I do not use High setting except for sports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts