AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Been a while since I posted to AVS. Weird how they split us up. Oh well. I think it will be better in the long run. I think some of the best mods and tweaks have been found due to us guys with thin wallets trying to make our investment dollars go a long way. I don't think upgrade-itus will be as contagious since now I don't have to hear all those fantastic stories about the Sharp 9000 or read one more of Bjoern Roy's EE rants with his $75,000 projector :). j/k Bjoern.

Anyways, back to my question. I recently opened my LT150 to blow out some dust blobs. Dust blobs are gone now, but I think I let the inert gas can blow a little too long as my LT150 now shows a little watermark on the top left-hand corner of the screen (ceiling mount). I think the cold spray of the can might have condensed some liquid on the DMD. The resulting blue streak looks like water running down a window pane.

I was think of sending it into NEC. But before I get put on hold on their support line, I was wondering if you guys no what the turn around time is on repair? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Don't tell them you opened your LT150 or your warranty maybe caput. Have you tried cleaning the DMD or mirrors with a Qtip bent to reach the appropriate surfaces and photographic lens cleaner? Most of us can rid of the liquid goo stain by wiping with the Qtip which is slightly soaked with camera lens cleaner (blot excess off with a Kleenex).

NEC has Instacare for 2 years (if they can fix within 3 days then they'll send you a refurb.) and regular warranty for the last year. You can opt to turn down the refurb. if you want to wait for the repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.