AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm planning to purchase Sony 840 receiver along with Fluance XL7 and I'm in a but of a bind. I first contact the guys at Fluance and read what they said.

" Your receiver is showing as rated for 6Ohms, which is fine for the XL7F tower speakers, but I would suggest contacting Sony tech support to see how it would interact with the remaining speakers (the center and surround, which are 8Ohm speakers).  Other than that, it should be fine."

Would I have an issue?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyEyez  /t/1523573/question-about-ohm#post_24510396

Hello All,

I'm planning to purchase Sony 840 receiver along with Fluance XL7 and I'm in a but of a bind. I first contact the guys at Fluance and read what they said.

" Your receiver is showing as rated for 6Ohms, which is fine for the XL7F tower speakers, but I would suggest contacting Sony tech support to see how it would interact with the remaining speakers (the center and surround, which are 8Ohm speakers).  Other than that, it should be fine."

Would I have an issue?

Unlikely.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the spec list..

Amplifier/Receiver Amplifier Features 4 Ohm/8 Ohm Switching : Yes (6 ohm)Number of Amp channels : 7chAirPlay : YesBi-AMP : YesSpeaker Impedance : 6-16ohmsSound Optimizer : YesAdvanced Auto Volume : YesDSP : Falcon2.0Digital Legato Linear : Yes4 Ohm/8 Ohm Switching : Yes (6 ohm)Number of Amp channels : 7chAirPlay : YesBi-AMP : YesSpeaker Impedance : 6-16ohmsSound Optimizer : YesAdvanced Auto Volume : YesDSP : Falcon2.0Digital Legato Linear : YesAmplifier/Receiver Amplifier Power 6Ohms, 1kHz, 2ch driven : 1%6Ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven : 0.9%6Ohms, 1kHz, 2ch driven : 1%6Ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven : 0.9%Amplifier/Receiver DCAC Features Automatic Phase Matching : YesMic : MonoBand : 6DCAC : Advanced D.C.A.C.

Sent from my d2v1 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyEyez  /t/1523573/question-about-ohm#post_24511703

It does have 4/8Ohms switching... so does that mean yes?

Sent from my d2v1 using Tapatalk

No it does not mean yes. It means unlikely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts