AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon /forum/post/0

id like to get these 2 but im gonna wait for some guinea pigs to buy them first. Im hoping they look good, but you never know. I had heard that first blood hd-dvd in europe was ok but nothing spectacular.

Ill be the Guinea Pig. I liked both of those movies. I have yet to see a BD I was disapointed in. Some are better than others but they are all noticeably better than their SD counterparts.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I have both Pre-Ordered and I very much look forward to them. Sometimes my Sony Rep can get me a Blu-ray release around 10 days or so early from all the studios except for WB. If I get one of these two early I will review it. I did get Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy today and I will review it in a few hours.

~Josh

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yeah, for me, BETTER than the DVD isn't good enough, when the price jump is SO big.

I guess I look for equal gain in PQ/AQ vs. jump in price from SD to HD.

I realize this isn't exactly a fair method, it's just the one I employ. So, when you all get these kinds of films, if you could let us know (and I realize this is TOTALLY subjective) HOW much better than SD it is, that would be great.

My theory is, even if it is a subjective review, enough similar ones probably add up to the reality of the discs' presentation.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Rambo , well, First Blood, is one of the least impressive D-Theater tapes I have out of approximately 70. I don't think it's the transfer. IMO, it just not a particularly well shot movie. I'd imagine that Commando would proably fall into the same abyss...? First Blood looks better than the DVD's but not by any great margin.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 /forum/post/0

Yeah, for me, BETTER than the DVD isn't good enough, when the price jump is SO big.

I guess I look for equal gain in PQ/AQ vs. jump in price from SD to HD.

Thanks

Remember there is only a price jump because it is early. BD disc prices will continue to continue to drop as they have been.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M /forum/post/0

Do you think these will have good transfers?I sort of afraid to think about purchasing them with the fear of having a dirty,grainy transfer.Yes i know these are older movies.

I am getting these two for sure. HD DVD has a few old movies and they look killer!! Grand Prix, Dirty Dozen, Mutiny on the Bounty etc Look like they were made last year. Ago of the movie doesnt seem to have a link to qulity so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.