Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Do any of you have any experience in dealing with : www.bestbuyplasma.com ?

This is not the B&M Best Buy. These guys appear to be legit and, as far as I can tell, are authorized dealers for several mainstream products. (Well, at least they appear on Monster Cables web site...?)

I realize that it can be dicey buying a plasma on the net when warranty issues can be questionable. But the pricing is phenomenal.

When it's too good to be true, is it.....?

Thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ianrmack
Greetings,

Do any of you have any experience in dealing with : www.bestbuyplasma.com ?

This is not the B&M Best Buy. These guys appear to be legit and, as far as I can tell, are authorized dealers for several mainstream products. (Well, at least they appear on Monster Cables web site...?)

I realize that it can be dicey buying a plasma on the net when warranty issues can be questionable. But the pricing is phenomenal.

When it's too good to be true, is it.....?

Thanks,

Ian
I just took a peak at their website. I noticed a "similarity" in style to Etronics website, which could just be coincidence. Anyway, one thing that would prevent me from doing business with this place is the fact that there is NO physical address listed on their contact page. Lack of physical addresses are a red flag to me. I would instead check out a couple of the AVS Forum's sponsors who come highly recommended such as Plasma Concepts and Visual Apex. I myself have my name on the back order list with Visual Apex waiting for the Panasonic 42" to become available.

Hammer

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hammer-

thanks for quick reply.

i hear you, however, i cannot find plasma concept's address on their site either.....?

what i find (alarming) is the price variations here. the unit i am considering "lists" for over $10K yet i find it at many sites for $4.2 - $4.6K.

makes me nervous that's all. best buy (the b&m version) has the same set for $6.5K.

we'll see what happens.

cheers,

ian

·
Registered
162 Posts
Took a quick look at that site.....watch for indications of "B Stock" (refurbs or demos I would assume). A couple panels were indeed cheaper than some of the better known sites, and there it was "B-Stock".

Ann;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
(looking into the sky and praying to the Forum Gods to hold their thunderbolts)

Pricing is not phenomenal, as far as I can tell. Lisa with plasmaextreme has similar if not better. (praying even harder) I've got my TH-42PWD6UY from them and I simply can't help feeling obligated to say - I've never experienced such an excellent service from an online vendor before.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheHammer69
Anyway, one thing that would prevent me from doing business with this place is the fact that there is NO physical address listed on their contact page. Lack of physical addresses are a red flag to me. I would instead check out a couple of the AVS Forum's sponsors who come highly recommended such as Plasma Concepts and Visual Apex. Hammer
Look again. There is a physical address under "Abous Us" (link at the bottom of their home page), and the physical address of their brick-and-mortar store, including directions, when you click on "Visit Our Store" on the left hand side. I don't have any experience dealing with this store, but it appears to me that they are not trying to conceal their Brooklyn address.

Furthermore, I do not see ANY address anywhere on the Plasma Concepts site. Curious.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
dude, you got a number of internet shops here as AVS sponsors, which are all trustworthy as many of us have dealt with them - I don't see the need to go elsewhere and live in fear. I myself have used TVAuthority, and was very very happy with them.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If they are in fact an ETronics "front," I would avoid them. My experience with ETronics has been that they offer low prices, but lousy service, especially if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I'm also curious about Bestbuyplasma since I'm considering a purchase from them. I asked about if it's gray market or not, they say US but I didn't ask if it's new.

I looked up the registration on the domain name, it looks like it's different:

Registrant:

BestBuyPlasma

6400 18TH Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11204

US

Registrar: DOTSTER

Domain Name: BESTBUYPLASMA.COM

Created on: 29-MAY-02

Expires on: 29-MAY-04

Last Updated on: 20-MAR-03

Administrative Contact:

Esses, A [email protected]

BestBuyPlasma

6400 18TH Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11204

US

718-232-6935

718-234-9345

Technical Contact:

Esses, A [email protected]

BestBuyPlasma

6400 18TH Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11204

US

718-232-6935

718-234-9345

etronics.com Back-order this name

Registrant:

etronics (ETRONICS2-DOM)

216 maspeth ave

brooklyn, NY 11211

US

Domain Name: ETRONICS.COM

Administrative Contact:

balser, mayer (23613831I) [email protected]

216 maspeth ave

brooklyn, NY 11211

US

(212) 475-2450 fax: (212) 475-3904

Technical Contact:

Romaniello, Dean (DR6556) [email protected]

700 Enterprise Rd.

Keith Valley Ind. park 2nd floor

HORSHAM, PA 19044-2140

US

215-442-9050 fax: 800-784-3299

Record expires on 08-May-2006.

Record created on 08-May-1998.

Database last updated on 3-Feb-2004 14:28:58 EST.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So what does this registration info mean?....As I am also interested in a purchase from this site.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LenVP
So what does this registration info mean?....As I am also interested in a purchase from this site.
What it means is that the internet domain name is registered/owned by what appears to be two different individuals. They both are in Brooklyn but different addresses, phones and e-mail contacts. Does it guarentee that they are two different people/stores, nope, maybe they're doing a real good job of hiding the fact.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mooneydriver,

You are correct. It wasn't there yesterday. We added it per the advice of this forum that it be there.

Thanks,

Bob Doseck
[email protected]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Very smart move, Bob.

I think you already realize this, but actively participating in the discussions here, and responding to issues when appropriate, will definitely have a positive impact on your business.

Just be prepared to be interrogated publicly if someone's plasma shipment is a day late and you haven't called them back within 5 minutes of getting their message. :)

-T.

·
Registered
228 Posts
T.,

Thanks for your comments. We try to take advice from this forum and give the members what they want.

Thanks again,

Bob Doseck
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
There are many(sometimes the same guys using different names) electronics outfits B&M and strictly internet. Many of the top people that used to work for the wiz and crazy eddie are from that area in brooklyn. I find most of them deliver what they promise(not seconds or refurbs), but "buyer beware" when there is a problem. I have had great experience with etronics buying smaller computer and electronic items up until my last order when they were too slow in delvering and charged me a 20%restocking fee. I have disputed this with my credit card company and have no doubt that I will get satisfaction, but who wants this kind if aggravation for a $200.00 item? Not me. My bad.

On the other hand I have bought 2 plasma units from Drplasma and NICE(a 5030hd and a 37PA20U) at very good prices and have no regrets. I would buy from them again in a NY minute.

I guess you just have to balance the pluses and minuses of all the stores when purchasding items that cost thousands of dolllars.

If the sponsors of this board are just as inexpensive as these other online stores and people have experienced great service when problems have arisen, it would be a no brainer to buy from them.

I am a little skeptical, when we are not allowed to openly discuss the different prices from the different venues on this board. I understand why, but it always makes me curious to see what else is out there.

baimo

One last thought. Once the unit is delivered and installed, how much support comes directly from the retailer and what guarantees their stability? In the NY area Crazy Edddie, TOPS appliance and the WIZ have all folded and they were major players.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bob,

Since you are answering questions. Your delivery terms are a bit confusing.
Quote:
All sales are F.O.B. Origin. All shipments will be made by the method deemed most advantageous by Plasma Concepts. Delivery dates are approximate and subject to delay due to events beyond the reasonable control of Plasma Concepts. Plasma Concepts is not responsible for insurance if the customer chooses to arrange their own shipping.
"FOB Origin" officially means, Carriage is arranged by the buyer, risk transfer when the goods pass the ships rail and cost transfer when the goods pass the ships rail. The "origin" statement means all this happens when it leaves your shipping dock. Are your terms really FCA since you arrange shipping ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.