AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around Outlaw's site and the 990 is labeled as a Preamp/Processor. They also have a 1070 which is labeled as an A/V Receiver.

Perhaps its just that I don't understand the terminology yet, but what makes the 990 a Preamp/Processor and the other a Receiver?

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
yeah, the receiver has preamp AND processor AND amps

·
Registered
27,195 Posts
I recommended one for a friend. On installation, I was shocked at how BIG this thing is...It is physically larger than most receivers. The remote (like most) is cumbersome and I noticed a hiss upon muting when in tuner mode. I have not had a chance to calibrate and do listening test yet, but will post impressions relative to my Lex MC-12.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland
I recommended one for a friend. On installation, I was shocked at how BIG this thing is...It is physically larger than most receivers. The remote (like most) is cumbersome and I noticed a hiss upon muting when in tuner mode. I have not had a chance to calibrate and do listening test yet, but will post impressions relative to my Lex MC-12.
Jeff let us know your thoughts on the 990...I have been keeping a eye out for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd be interested in your conclusions, thebland, on the 990. I'm one of those undecided whether to get a Meridian 561/5/8 or go for the newer 990 or Rotel 1068.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.