AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I plugged my diigital camera into the video input jack on my new Panasonic 42PD3-P. It appears that the only way to get the monitor to recognize that input is to unplug the S-video cable. I found no way to select this input with the remote. Simply turning off the S-video source did not do it either.

Am I missing something, or do I really have to unplug the S-video cable everytime I want to view images from my camera?

As always, thanks so much for your help and insight.

Jeff

·
Registered
442 Posts
IIRC, the Panasonic only accepts _either_ the S-Video _or_ the composite input at any one time, with preference given to S-video (as you observed).

The solution is, of course, some external plug-in, like a switch box, an A/V receiver, a VCR, or something else, as unplugging an S-Video cable, especially if your unit is wall-mounted, would be a royal PITA.

HTH,

- Craig

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I feared. Would routing the signal through the VCR erode the quality of the image significantly?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Not sure, as it would depend on the quality of the VCR, the cables, the connections, etc. To be honest, I doubt it. Most likely, your camera isn't putting out a very high-quality signal, since it's doing its own down-converting from 2+ megapixels to NTSC and sending out through a mini-jack. So, I probably wouldn't have incredibly high hopes for even the raw output from your digicam, making it unlikely that routing through a VCR will do much damage to the PQ. Just my guess.

- Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.