AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a dvd player that plays back dvd-ram media. I already have a DMR-E20 but would it be worth it to pick up the DMR-E10 for $399.98 or get a RP-91 or one of the other new panasonic dvd players coming out that are supposed to play dvd-ram media. BTW, the panasonic dmr-e10 is at Amazon.com. In 2 days it has gone from $539, to $499, and now is at $399.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. I am also looking for a DVD-RAM player to go along with my E20, so the E10 looks like a potential candidate. Funny that Amazon is offering a "refurbished" model on the same page for $899. I'd say go for it. Sounds like the E10 makes a good DVD-RAM player (cheaper than the do-everything RP91 player) and recorder backup to the E20.

Some differences I have gleaned from the forum:

Feature E10/E20

Progressive Out Yes/No

CD and VCD support/compatibility Yes/No

Built-in DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoder Yes/No

Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs Yes/Optical Only

DVD-R record capability No/Yes

EP record capability No/Yes

Overall record quality> Slight nod to E20 with better filtering

Vic

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Darn, that really is bad news, I've been avoiding playing CD s and VCDs in mine all this time because of that bad dope!

Thanks for the correction, my bad.

Neither unit, to my knowledge, supports SVCD or MP3 CDs. Nor DVD-RW.

Vic

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The nice thing about the E10 is that it converts everything to 480P ... and not just for recording too.

VHS/ Cable/Satellite ... everything gets fed through the signal processing and comes out more stable in 480P ...

The unit records at about 470 lines in the 2 hour mode and 480 lines in the 1 hour mode.

Build quality is also better than the E20. As would be expected for a $4000 machine.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.