AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a 60VT25 which gets delivered next week and I'm very excited about it but confused about the glasses. The ones I demo'd in-store (and which I presume ship with the TV) had a very modern look with the lenses somewhat separated from the arms. But the Avatar 3D pack which comes with the TV features different glasses that look quite different (and less cool).

Is there any difference between the glasses other than how they look? I notice that the more modern-looking glasses use a watch battery while the chunkier-looking ones that come with the Avatar pack are rechargeable via USB. Is that the only difference? It seems like the modern-looking glasses are the most recent ones, are Panasonic just getting rid of the old-style ones via the Avatar bundle?

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Whitta /forum/post/19583570

So I recently bought a 60VT25 which gets delivered next week and I'm very excited about it but confused about the glasses. The ones I demo'd in-store (and which I presume ship with the TV) had a very modern look with the lenses somewhat separated from the arms. But the Avatar 3D pack which comes with the TV features different glasses that look quite different (and less cool).

Is there any difference between the glasses other than how they look? I notice that the more modern-looking glasses use a watch battery while the chunkier-looking ones that come with the Avatar pack are rechargeable via USB. Is that the only difference? It seems like the modern-looking glasses are the most recent ones, are Panasonic just getting rid of the old-style ones via the Avatar bundle?

LOL - those are the new style ones.

They are lighter, they come in 3 different sizes (SML) and they are rechargable

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wish there was a trade-in program for the those who like the newer style. I bought 7 of the old-style glasses in addition to the one that came with the TV, so I can't justify getting any more without replacing them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just got the new glasses. They are a million times better than the old glasses. If I could get any value I would sell my old glasses.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/19583657

LOL - those are the new style ones.

They are lighter, they come in 3 different sizes (SML) and they are rechargable

How long do they typically take to charge, and how much use can you get out of them through a charge? Do they hold a charge well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.