AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple questions about the front panels that are covering peoples screen walls. I have the main frame for my shadow box/stage wall. I bought the speaker cloth but I'm curious about what most people are using to create the frames that they are attaching to the front. Are they making them out of 1" plywood? 2X2 pine? or something else? How are you joining the corners?

Ken

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,746 Posts
I get the finger joined 5/4 pre-primed exterior trim boards that Home Depot sells and rip them to the desired width. They come straight and stay straight. I drill pilot holes and then screw them together with long deck screws using butt joints.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is there a particular reason why you buy wide boards and rip them instead of just standardizing on a 2" wide board cut to length? Did you use any glue or just screws in the coreners.

Is this pretty much what everyone does?

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1der  /t/1421171/question-about-panels-on-front-of-stage-walls#post_22239088

So is there a particular reason why you buy wide boards and rip them instead of just standardizing on a 2" wide board cut to length? Did you use any glue or just screws in the coreners.

Is this pretty much what everyone does?

I bought the 2" width finger joined pre-primed trim boards. They worked great. I'm too impatient to go about ripping boards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts