AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. Long time reader, first time poster.

My basement is nearing completion and I'm about ready to order a set of Paradigms (Monitor 11s, CC390, ADP390s) for it. My sub is already here (SVS). I'm now trying to figure out the details of my center speaker's placement (and which TV cabinet to purchase).

Per that goal, I have two questions:
  1. Does anyone have a picture they can share of the rear of a Paradigm CC390? I have been looking around but all I can find is pictures of the front. Nice, but not what I need. I'm curious where/how large the rear port is.
  2. If I put my CC390 inside a cabinet, for example in this cabinet ( http://www.hookerfurniture.com/index.cfm/go/catalog.show_product/product/562-55-476/console.cfm ), would cutting a hole in the rear of the cabinet to match the location of the port of the speaker help prevent problems from the speaker being enclosed?

The cabinet would be catty-cornered so there is additional empty space behind the cabinet (ie, cutting a matching port hole in the cabinet wouldn't just have the port hitting a wall instead of the cabinet).

Note, the CC390 speaker has -very- little room height-wise (1/16th of an inch), a little room width wise (3 inches), and a decent bit of space to the back of the cabinet (5.5 inches).

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help,

Brian

· Registered
30,893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleb /forum/post/16858038

[*]If I put my CC390 inside a cabinet, for example in this cabinet ( http://www.hookerfurniture.com/index...76/console.cfm ), would cutting a hole in the rear of the cabinet to match the location of the port of the speaker help prevent problems from the speaker being enclosed?

I would suggest removing the entire rear panel from that particular compartment. Two holes represent two tuned ports, intentionally or otherwise.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kal. I'm trying to get a look inside of the Hooker Fallston cabinet that I linked to as that is my current preferred cabinet choice. You are probably right that I should just cut out the entire back section for that compartment but I'll admit to being a little hesitant to doing that to a brand new piece of furniture. :)

I may end up compromising by going with as large of an opening as I think I can get away with, without altering the looks or strength of the cabinet.

By the way, with a setup like this where the speaker is behind a speaker fabric cover, do you think the speaker's grill should be removed? I know Paradigm says they should be left on generally but would leaving it on here essentially be doubling its effect? Perhaps I should followup with Paradigm for their opinion on that question.

Thanks,

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.