AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen other folks discuss this before, but no real solution. (I did another search before posting, to try and be sure...)

If I want to record a particular radio program (Fresh Air, World Cafe, your favorite here...) could I possibly accomplish this in the following manner:

1) Attach one of my AV receiver video and audio outs to the Replay on an open input,

2) Leave the receiver on (with speaker outs turned off) and tuned to the appropriate station,

3) Schedule a Manual Recording to the correct input for the time of the show.

I am thinking that the On Screen Display function of my AV Receiver will provide the video necessary to keep from getting the No Signal Found error, and allow the recording to occur.

I have not had a chance to reconfigure all of the connections necessary to try this, so I thought I would check and see if others had had any success with this (or other) methods for accomplishing the same task.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Randy,

As I stated, I had done a search. Just to be sure, I did a search at every level available but the slowest, and could not find a post among the 176 that were returned, that answered my question.

Logically, this seems to be a solution, but I was hoping that someone else might have actually tried it.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
I've tried it. Any video source makes it work, so long as the video source doesn't need a TBC (my camcorder for example, doesn't work and would require a TBC)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
I've tried it. Any video source makes it work, so long as the video source doesn't need a TBC (my camcorder for example, doesn't work and would require a TBC)
Thank you, that's much more what I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.