AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, but could not find an answer to this. When pre-ordering from Amazon (The Departed), will the item ship on it's release date, or will it be delivered on the release date? This is one of those movies that I want to have in my hands as soon as possible, and I'd be willing to forgo the 10% off, if that meant I would have it sooner.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
They used to ship early and attempt to have it delivered on the release date. However, I would regularly receive discs on the Saturday or Monday prior to the release date. I assume that B&M retailers complained to the studios who put a stop to the practice of shipping early.

Now they ship on the release date. The shipping that you choose will determine how quickly you receive the disc(s). I pre-ordered the Clerks II HD DVD and chose the super saver (free) shipping (the order was eligible because I ordered a second disc, which brought the price to > $25). I received the package this past Saturday.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have Amazon Prime. I usually get movies on Thursday that are released and shipped on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Good question...and I think another good question in part of your question (LOL!) is pricing. If you pre-order for say $25, and right before shipping, it goes to $19.99, do you get the promo code and the savings reimbursed?

·
Registered
808 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein /forum/post/0

Good question...and I think another good question in part of your question (LOL!) is pricing. If you pre-order for say $25, and right before shipping, it goes to $19.99, do you get the promo code and the savings reimbursed?

I believe if Amazon loweres the price, theyb will charge you for the new lower price.

"Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details"

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I use the free super saver shipping and generally receive the order the Friday after release day. It makes no sense to me to pay for shipping since I wouldn't watch them before the weekend anyway. Go the cheapest route and buy more discs with the money you save on shipping.

·
Registered
682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein /forum/post/0

If the price lowers before they ship you will be charged the lower price. If they lower it soon after it ships you can email them and they will credit you the difference.

This happened this past week with me with Lucky Number Sleven. It was $26.99 and the day after it shipped they dropped it to $19.95. I emailed them and got a response in a couple of hours that they would credit me the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.