AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your advice here guys. Hopefully its not too long-winded. I have an old "fat" model PS3 which I'm sure most of you know cannot bitstream HD audio. So of course I have my PS3 set to Linear PCM sending the signal to my receiver.

Here is my question...When I complete the "auto setup" for the audio output settings on the PS3 it automatically selects all of the 5.1 audio settings as well as the 7.1 settings, but my Yamaha receiver is only 5.1 capable. So I decide to manually go ahead and de-select the 6.1 and 7.1 audio codecs. The problem here is now when I watch a BD Disc with either 6.1 or 7.1 it just doesn't sound right. What's going on here? Should I re-select the 6.1 and 7.1 channels? The receiver must be able to compress the 6.1 and 7.1 back to 5.1? That's the only thing I can think of. What the ideal way to set this thing up?! I'm sure you guys are totally confused with this elaborate issue I have, but any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks guys!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.