AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is simply, how easy is it to use QCQ if someone does not have any previous programming knowledge. I can program my Pronto pretty easily, but that is "drag and drop" programming. I am not very proficient at "text" programming just because I never had to do that much.

Also, what if none of my components has had a driver written for it yet, does that make it more difficult.

Thanks for everyone's input.

J-dubb

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Quote:
My question is simply, how easy is it to use QCQ if someone does not have any previous programming knowledge. I can program my Pronto pretty easily, but that is "drag and drop" programming. I am not very proficient at "text" programming just because I never had to do that much.
It's not necessary to write any macros. That facility is there for people who want to take it to the next step, and mostly has to do with creating flexible systems for custom installers (who don't want to recreate the wheel every time they install a system.) But you can use it completely in a drag and drop and 'fill in the blanks' way as well. The primary difference is that, if you swap a device out later, you will have to go back and make some changes to account to for that, whereas if you can do the programming you can make it easier to swap out a device for a different one.

Quote:
Also, what if none of my components has had a driver written for it yet, does that make it more difficult
It will, but if you will send them to me one at a time, for a few days at a time and cover the shipping, I'll be happy to write the drivers for you for free in return for being able to supoprt the devices in CQC. What devices do you have?

If you haven't do so yet, you should read through the Get Started section (on the left of the main page), which will give you a good overview.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.