AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the review of the SX21 at the projector central website. What I do notice with almost every review (website or magazine) with digital projectors is none of them ever mention available firmware updates (many of which do or could fix some minor bugs in the picture quality). Why don't they state this? Reviewers for PC hardware always mention drivers are beta or a software update should be able to fix this.

I ask reviewers of digital PJ's to step up to the plate and mention this. I believe that without mentioning that firmware updates are available hurts the sales and credibility of PJ manufacturers. Many people read these reviews and take what the writer said and put it in stone, as if there is no way that what he/she saw can be changed.

Just my rant.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I do agree... Please check what we do at www.htprojectors.com !

I think is something that you must put in a review, to make your experience available to others, and to limit every possible misunderstanding about a projectors' performance: I've seen so many improvements when watching the SIM2 HT300 starting from the first release up to the final, that I couldn't recognize it as the same pj!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.