AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with this setting? I am feeding my CD signal through the coaxial output to an MBS Link II digital to analog converter. Should I have the remastering on or off to do this? I must admit I don't understand if this makes for better Cd sound or not. Can anyone help me understand it better?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Read the RP91 Faq (do a search in this forum).

If you do a search on "RP91 remaster" there are lots of posts on the subject. this thread has an explanation for remastering.

The way I understand it, is that audio data is sampled at a particular data rate, and saved to compact disc. When you set remaster on, it samples it off the disc at a faster data rate than it was saved. This is supposed to improve the audio. You may not be able to tell the difference between it on and off.

Joe

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Desjardin
Can anyone help me with this setting? I am feeding my CD signal through the coaxial output to an MBS Link II digital to analog converter. Should I have the remastering on or off to do this? I must admit I don't understand if this makes for better Cd sound or not. Can anyone help me understand it better?
Setting the remaster to 'on' sends the upsampled 88.2kHz PCM data to the digital outs. I have mine set this way to send it to my B&K Ref 30. So long as your DAC can take the higher sampling rate, you should be fine. In the off position, it just sends the standard 44.1kHz signal.

- Dieter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.