AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what this connection is for. Is it for upgrading the projector with new software? Is that it's only purpose? I noticed the AE1000U I'm about to buy has one.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Rick,

Typically it can be used for remote control and firmware upgrades. Useful for remote control when the projector is located where IR won't work or where you want two-way communication between the remote control system and the projector.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstites /forum/post/0

Rick,

Typically it can be used for remote control and firmware upgrades. Useful for remote control when the projector is located where IR won't work or where you want two-way communication between the remote control system and the projector.

Tom - Is there documentation on the RS1's RS-232 command set available somewhere?

Bill

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"Tom - Is there documentation on the RS1's RS-232 command set available somewhere?""

I think it is in the owners manual.

Shawn

·
Registered
774 Posts
Bill,

Shawn is correct, basic command set is in the manual. If there is a lower level command protocol and structure available via RS-232, I have not seen it published.

Unlike previous models that used RS-232 for all interface, there is a separate LVDS interface for accessing/programming the underlying hardware...this interface is proprietary and has not been made public.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts