AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My tv is showing signs of the bulb going out, and my extended warranty covers bulb replacement. They told me they get the bulb right from the manufacturer(Samsung) and send it to me. My question is if they get the bulb from Samsung, will they be getting the E22 120/132W 1.0 bulb. Some research I did leads me to belive that is the only bulb being used, but I'm not positive. I know that bulb is a bit brighter,and will work in my tv, and I can get it online, but that isn't how my extended warranty company does it, so I'd like to know in advance if they would end up with this bulb if they get it right from Samsung. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Go to www.samsungparts.com , they supply the bulbs to consumers, so I think that is who your company is talking about. Put your model number in the left search area and a parts list comes up. Check the model number they show for your tv's bulb and see if it matches what your extended warranty people supply. A plain bulb can be ordered or a bulb with the housing, so it may vary in that way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes444 /forum/post/15533357

Go to www.samsungparts.com , they supply the bulbs to consumers, so I think that is who your company is talking about. Put your model number in the left search area and a parts list comes up. Check the model number they show for your tv's bulb and see if it matches what your extended warranty people supply. A plain bulb can be ordered or a bulb with the housing, so it may vary in that way.

They didn't tell me which one they supply, they just said they get it from the manufacturer. If I was to get it from discount merchant.com, I would get the E22 120/132W 1.0 bulb. What I am curious about is if that is the bulb Samsung would provide to the warranty company. I currently have the smaller bulb, but mine is a 100/120W 1.0. I don't know if the other bulb would make my tv brighter, or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts