AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recently accessed the service menu of my TV but did not change anything. When I shut my TV back off and back on I had to manually reset all my previous settings in the TV. Since I had previously had my TV calibrated does just accessing the service menu reset all of its values? Or do these values stay until you change or do a factory reset?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Entering the service menu usually resets the user settings to the reset point. All you have to do is look at movie mode and see if the numbers look like default numbers.

In the previous B series, default numbers could be changed in the service menu so a reset always brings back the calibrated settings. That ended with the C series though.

Regards

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I had previously had someone calibrate settings in the service menu of the tv. So by just accessing and closing the service menu that values in the service menu remain the same and only the user settings are reset? Just want to make sure I didn't royally screw up my previous calibration.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
12,596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTDSpector /forum/post/20457378

Well I had previously had someone calibrate settings in the service menu of the tv. So by just accessing and closing the service menu that values in the service menu remain the same and only the user settings are reset? Just want to make sure I didn't royally screw up my previous calibration.

Thank you for your help!

I don't think there would be anything to calibrate within the SM in the C series.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Things in the service menu tend to stick if you go in and out ... or else what is the point of a service menu.

But of other things reset ... then stuff like CMS work which is only in the user side ... would be lost. And you have to re-select screen modes since default is 16:9

regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.