AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have two dishes installed. One from a DirecTV setup that I cancelled about two years ago but never took down the dish and a new VOOM dish.

It's my understanding that the HD CBS feed on E* is located on the same 61.5 satellite that the VOOM service is on. Since I can't receive but one local OTA I was thinking about getting just the locals and their CBS-HD service. According to E*'s website I am eligible for the distant stations package. My VOOM dish has a dual LNB which I could hook up to for the CBS-HD service but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what satellite that the locals are on for my area? I am located in Western North Carolina. I could re-aim my old DirecTV dish to the new satellite location if it was around the same location since I originally installed the dish myself to begin with.

Also can I receive the distant networks as well as my locals from E* or do I just choose one or the other?

Thanks for any info you could supply..

Rick

·
Registered
595 Posts
Here is a chart which lists the locations for all channels.

http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

Very few locals are on 61.5 so I doubt yours are. I think the "distants" are at 110/119 also. I don't know if a E* system would be fully operational without access to 110/119

I have a 61.5 dish and the only channel I use it for is CBS-HD.

Did you realize that D* is carrying CBS-HD starting Feb 1? Why not just reactivate your D* dish?

If you don't want to do that, as a new sub, E* will give you free HD equipment and installation. They will replace your D* dish with an E* dish.

Either way, I don't think any more holes will need to be drilled into your house.

Also, check that the Voom and E* LNBs are compatible if you go that route.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NCGoldwinger
Also can I receive the distant networks as well as my locals from E* or do I just choose one or the other?

Rick
You can have both. Also note that you can have CBS-HD without distant nets or locals. Thats my case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.