AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oval 18x20 3 LNB dish on the roof and two different receivers. When I check the signal strength on the receivers I get different results. On the RCA 430 receiver the signal is about equal between the 101 and the 110/119 at about 94. On the RCA DTC100 the 101 signal is always around 95 but the 110/119 signal is always lower at around 60-75. How do I know which receiver is giving the accurate reading? Is the 60-75 reading too low for reliable signal reception?

·
Registered
36 Posts
the reading of 60-75 might be too low during an intense rainfall or very heavy clouds, but should be fine most of the time. I have 60's on all my systems (due to a covered dish), and get a great signal almost all the time.

It's possible that the DTC100's cable has a problem. One thing to do is to swap the receivers and see if the probelm follows the receiver, or stays with the cable.

Just a suggestion

Mini Yoda

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. Kipp, if I was getting a high reading on one satellite I would think that the cable run would not be the problem. As far as I can tell I have a separate feed from the dish to each receiver. The only thing that concerns me is that when I look at the dish from the ground it doesn't appear to be level. The installer mounted it on the sloping portion of the roof and the dish does not appear to be level to the horizon. I glanced at some install directions on some dish manuals and they say you should make sure that the dish is plumb and level. Should I get the installer to come back out and remount the dish? I really have not had any problems with reception yet and the one receiver shows strong signals on both 101 and the 110/119 satellites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.