AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a button/indicator on this dvd player that indicates if the movie is playing with a progressive signal.

If I am playing through Hdmi should this light be on or off. Isn't there a difference in the dvd playing in progressive scan mode different that it upconverting?

·
Registered
684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenp1983 /forum/post/0

There is a button/indicator on this dvd player that indicates if the movie is playing with a progressive signal.

If I am playing through Hdmi should this light be on or off. Isn't there a difference in the dvd playing in progressive scan mode different that it upconverting?

Through HDMI, this DVD player will send 480p, 720p, or 1080i. The first two are progressive, the third is not. If you are sending the signal through HDMI, the blue HDMI light will be on.

The output resolution can be set to auto or manually. I would set it manually and experiment to see which looks best. I think this is done in the setup menu but I don't remember exactly. Playback must be stopped to change the resolution.

One last thing. I have read complaints about the brightness of the HDMI light. There is a setting to dim it if that bothers you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.