AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Sony looks to be just what I need for a low cost setup in a bedroom (paired with the Oppo 970 I am about to order). I have a question about the speaker setup though. The spec sheet lists speaker terminal type as rca for the sub and push terminal for the other 5 speakers. Is push terminal the same as rca or is that the separate spring loaded connectors for +/- wires.

From what I can see on any photos I can find it looks like receiver can accept an rca plug or the bare +/- wire, but are the speaker cables hard wired to the speakers or are they removable. Do the speakers themselves have the rca plugs or the spring connectors.

The reason I ask is that the supplied cables for the surround speakers are 10m each. I am not sure if it will reach because of the way I have to run the wires. I have plenty of speaker wire laying around and was hoping I could use that so I can run the exact length I need.

If anyone can help me with my questions I would really appreciate it. What are my options if these are hardwired rca speakers. If I must use an rca extension does this cause any quality or interference issues? I read here about a few guys getting these at Walmart for less than $200 and I was going to check out the ones around me and see if there are any left.

Thanks so much for any help. I have gotten a lot of knowledge since I found this site a few days ago.

trenz1

·
Registered
69 Posts
The push terminals referred to are the spring loaded red and black type and are the only ones on the speakers except for the sub.The included speaker wire is not attached to any of the speakers.As far as the connections at the receiver goes it will only accept bare wire or banana plug type connectors,not rca type.I hope this helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I was hoping for. I wanted the speakers to accept the bare wire so I could run my own. I think my setup is going to require more than the 10m that is included for the rear.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.