AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Question about speaker placement/ AV components.

309 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  donatelloa
I always start by saying THANK YOU - to all that respond. the knowledge on here is crazy.

Dedicated Stage Coach Theater in planning phase right now. Here are the specifics so far.

- 20x16x9 room. Riser with row of 5 theater chairs and comfy seatcraft couch in front. Epson 5050UB projector - 120" AT Silverticket - OR? screen. Duel VTF-15H MK2 Subs. Still deciding on LCR and receiver.
Question: Since I have the AV closet right behind the front wall of the theater and its a new build. I have seen some nice designs that build out the wall and place the LCR on the shelf and put the AT screen right over the whole from like a picture frame. Subs will be recessed into wall on either end. Can I get away with putting all the AV components in the closet and have an IR repeater behind the AT screen?

See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Yes or you get a remote like the Logitech Harmony series that are RF remotes and you can skip the repeater. The base station has a IR blaster and wired emitters that control your unit. Even if they have stopped making new units there are millions in use and you can still buy units. There are also other brands of remotes and you can even use your phone as a remote.

Bottom line putting your gear in an adjacent closet is a valid plan. IR or RF. proceed.

select speakers that are not rear ported.
select speakers that are not rear ported.
Why not rear ported? if the only thing going from the LCR speaker is the speaker wire? through the wall to the receiver. Correct?
When you place the speaker on a shelf tight to the wall the wall blocks the port, if you recess the subs you want all the sound directed into the room. The ports contribute to the sound. nothing to do with wiring.
When you place the speaker on a shelf tight to the wall the wall blocks the port, if you recess the subs you want all the sound directed into the room. The ports contribute to the sound. nothing to do with wiring.
ahhhh 🙏🏼 that is why we have a forum... thanks more to come soon.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.