AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to do htpc for the bedroom , however the coputer is not just for htpc i want to use it for browseing as well as other things , should i buy home audio speaks or some good dedicated computer speakers. or am i asking just too much out of this computer to use it for both

·
Registered
158 Posts
the great thing about computers is that they can do everything. as for speaker selection i guess it all depends on what level of sound quality you are looking for in your bedroom. if you get a good set of computer speakers, like the klipch or logitech thx series they are plenty loud for a smaller room and the sound quality is not half bad. also it is alot less equipment you'll need to fit into your room.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My room size is 7 m * by 2. 5m and the area which the 5.1 channel speakers is going to be placed is a area of 3.5 by 2.5 m

I am currently building a HTPC and thinking of outputting sound via a p4pe board via either analog , digital coaxial or optical output

1) I was told that maybe I can just made do with a Creative DTS 5700 with a built in decoder

a) Is the coverage fine (given the room area )with the DTS 5700 or any other PC speakers . I was told that the built in decoder is essentailly the

same as a US 250 AV receiver . ( Yamaha or Marantz)

i) and the current arising from a stand-alone AV receiver would not give much incremental listening clarity in such as small room

THANKS

·
Registered
63 Posts
ANY decent stereo system will outperform ANY computer speaker system for music listening. I owned the Klipsch Promedia 5.1, so take this into account. It got sold: I managed to sell a 'one note fartbox'=subwoofer + '5 plastic boxes'=sattelites for $350, put another $400 and bought me some nice, vintage stuff which I listen to now in stereo. Just my 2c.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.