AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a couple of questions for owners or others who have physically seen the Stewart curved screens.

I have seen pictures of Stewart curved screens which look like the snapper kind (domed).Am I seeing things or are the only available curved screens from Stewart Lace and Grommet?

Are the Lace And Grommet screens perfectly taught,especially where the screen meets the velux border?

Cheer's Steve

· Registered
729 Posts
The lace and grommet system is ultimately better than snaps because the screen tautness can be adjusted for age and or extreme temps that the screen may be in (not likely to happen in the home but it does in the staging market) Even after the screen ages the lace can be adjusted to get rid of sags.

· Registered
3 Posts
It comes down to the size of the screen. Where I work we have a 158" Cine V micro perf screen with electronic masking.

It employs studs to snap the screen fabric to the frame. I believe the smaller screens use the snap on fixing where as the larger screens use the lace and grommet system.

· Registered
771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adman454 /forum/post/16860542

It comes down to the size of the screen. Where I work we have a 158" Cine V micro perf screen with electronic masking.

It employs studs to snap the screen fabric to the frame. I believe the smaller screens use the snap on fixing where as the larger screens use the lace and grommet system.

No, it does not have anything to do with the size! It's the model of screen. The Cine-V and Cinecurve use snaps. The Cine-W uses lace/grommet. It's all clearly documented in the specifications.

· Premium Member
25,078 Posts
Good thread. I'm inquiring at the moment for a 2:37:1 curved screen. Do Stewarts custom make the screens?

· Premium Member
25,078 Posts
Just cuious going by 2:40:1 curved screen and watching 2:35:1 material how much side would I lose?

· Registered
483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/16952484

Good thread. I'm inquiring at the moment for a 2:37:1 curved screen. Do Stewarts custom make the screens?

You bet

· Premium Member
25,078 Posts
What type of lenses work well with the curved screen? What are the Pros and Cons of a curve screen?

· Registered
1,838 Posts
The main advantage of A curved screen however small is, Quote:

Anamorphic lenses are known to distort the projected image by making the center of the projected image more narrow than the edges. The shape of A Curved projector screen reverses this effect by bringing the ends of the screen closer to the audience and pushing the center of the screen away from the audience thus giving you a non distorted projected image.

Link to SMX usefull info about curved screens about half way down...
http://www.smxscreen.com/pro-curve-p...or-screen.html

Cheers frank...

· Premium Member
25,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema mad /forum/post/16964866

The main advantage of A curved screen however small is, Quote:

Anamorphic lenses are known to distort the projected image by making the center of the projected image more narrow than the edges. The shape of A Curved projector screen reverses this effect by bringing the ends of the screen closer to the audience and pushing the center of the screen away from the audience thus giving you a non distorted projected image.

Link to SMX usefull info about curved screens about half way down...
http://www.smxscreen.com/pro-curve-p...or-screen.html

Cheers frank...

Thanks mate

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.