AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Samsung DLP 5065w right now. The picture is nice (good I love typing this on a 47 inch screen LOL (image has slight bars around it). However, I cannot justify the cost (4000 with tax). Is there a 2000 dollar home projector that would give me a video performance close to this DLP RPTV? I watch movies but Im not as much a videophile when it comes to this. I want the PC and Video Game performance I get from the Samsung. Do projectors change 480i to 480p or would I have to buy another device to do this? I could get my room rather dark, but I don't want to have to work in a Theater like darkness. Will most of these projectors work well with mild ambient lighting?

P.S. I am look at this projector right now:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...=us&l=en&cs=19

The Dell 3200MP

With the sale this weekend, it would be 1699.00 with shipping included. Is this a good produce? How does it compare to the Infocus X1 everone here is talking about? Any info or link to reviews would be a greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I assume that you have read the ProjectorCentral review (although I do not always trust their conclusions). I guess the 3200MP is a good bargain within the category of "HT-capable data projector." Of course it is DLP, so you should be aware of the risk of the rainbows/headaches possibly experienced by your guests. There are several threads here where you can read owners' testimonials...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.