AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I must be overlooking something but it seems in the manual it talks about setting up the Wii for surround sound. yet how do I do this? There's no Toslink outputs. Do I have to buy some type of adapter or is this part of the component cables?

· Registered
836 Posts
I believe they are talking about Dolby PLII, which only requires the red and white RCA jacks connected to a PLII decoder.

· Registered
345 Posts
Yep I don't think all games support PL2, but of course every game would sound better going through surround sound. Nintendo and third party cable makers have one big flaw in making the audio cables not seperate from the video cables. (at least to my knowledge, every cable made for the Wii is like this), but you can either jump the two audio RCA with a female to male RCA cable, or if you TV has an audio out, run that to your surround sound. Hope this helps.

· Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighting Guy /forum/post/9458473

Yep I don't think all games support PL2, but of course every game would sound better going through surround sound. Nintendo and third party cable makers have one big flaw in making the audio cables not seperate from the video cables. (at least to my knowledge, every cable made for the Wii is like this), but you can either jump the two audio RCA with a female to male RCA cable, or if you TV has an audio out, run that to your surround sound. Hope this helps.

Can someone please confirm that the TV audio outs will send the same signals the Wii sends in back out to your receiver. Thank You.

· Registered
2,946 Posts
For an analog signal like that, the only conceivable adjustment the TV would be performing would be volume control. So, if there's an option for "Audio Out" on the TV, make sure it's set to "Fixed" or "Line Level", rather than "Variable", where the current audio level on the TV could be attenuating the signal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.