AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I wasn't sure where to ask this, so I'll ask here :)

I have my component stack at the back of the room. I want to be able to point my remote towards the front of the room. As such, I'm looking for a remote control extender and I'd prefer a wireless option.

So in looking around a bit, I've found the Terk LF-IRX and Powermid IR->RF->IR extenders that would seem to do the trick.

My question is: can one LF-IRX or Powermid RF receiver -> IR transmitter be used to control the entire component stack, or do I need a seperate receiver for each individual component?

I ask because all the IR repeaters I've looked at seem to use a little LED that has to be physically attached to the component and can therefore only control that one component.

I'd like to just sit the receiver a few feet out in front of the component stack and have it control all the components, just like a regular remote control would do.

So please, if you know, please tell me if the LF-IRX or powermid can do this. Also, I noted that the Powermids have an optional IR extension that looks similar to those little LED repeaters. Does anyone know if it IS the same and needs to be taped to one - and only one- comonent, or can it be used like an IR blaster and control multiple components by being place a few feet out in front of the component stack?

Thanks,

Rob H.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.