AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slim fit, and im just curious about something. Right now i have my computer with an ati mobility radeon 9700 running through the dvi output to the ati dvi to component adapter, then to my 30" slim fit. Everythings working fine, but i wanted to know how this was possible. I went to the apple site to watch some HD previews in 1080p (dont worry im not a moron i know my tv can't handle 1080p), and when i did i realized that the sides were only slightly cut off when the trailer played. If the tv only has 800 lines of resolution as opposed to the 1920 (is this correct?), then why is it only cut off slightly? Wouldnt more than half of the trailer be off of the screen? And if something like the kd30xs955 or the 34" sony model played it which has more lines of resolution, what would happen then (i think those sets have 1400 lines?)? Would the entire trailer be inside the screen with room to spare? How's that possible? Sorry if this is a really stupid question im trying my best to learn. Me confused :confused:

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
the detail of the image displayed is not relative to the resolution of the inputted source

meaning although your TV has only 800 lines of resolution, it still does a 1080i scan rate

so your video with 1920x1080 resolution is displayed across 800 lines of resolution

your TV like any other CRT does not crop the source

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.