AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did Panasonic choose to make two tvs, pretty much identical, except one has an anti-glare screen. The px77u is the same as the 75u except for antiglare screen. Why? Why even have the px75u? They should have just had one entry level TV, the 77u and called it a day.

· Registered
26 Posts
My guess is that the 75u is targeted at fighting Vizio and other low-end plasmas from taking sales (it is already $2000 at BB--and I think BB only sells at MSRP). The 77u is their 'upsell model.'

I saw the 77u compared to standard plasmas at Magnolia with a bright window in the background. The difference was pretty pronounced to me. With the display off, it looked like a blurry reflection (but just as bright) so I wasn't too impressed. Once I turned the display back on, however, it became clear that the anti-glare is working. Because I couldn't see the sharp reflection, my eyes tended not to focus on the reflection of the outside. If I paid attention, I could tell the light source of the reflection was still present, but it was far less distracting.

My major complaint is that they didn't include the anti-glare on the 700/750. It is honestly enough of a feature (I have a bright sliding glass door in the room) to make me choose the 77u over the 700.

· Registered
907 Posts
One point about Best Buy, they will price match other brick and mortar stores and they will bargin to a point. You don't have to pay the tagged price, which is also not the MSRP, either. I just got my Panny plasma there and they knocked $100 off the tagged price for me (I know we are not supposed to list actual prices in this forum).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.