AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is There is an option in the menu under Inputs and source level that gives me the option to turn up the db in the digital source up to +12db. I turned it up to +6db and the audio became louder, Is it ok to use this feature after running auddysey and can I turn it up to the full +12db without causing any damage to my set up? Any help is very much appreciated thank you.

·
Premium Member
93,301 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damage would occur if you hear prolonged distortion from the speakers .. which in that case .. simply lower the volume. :)

Also note there is a dedicated thread for the 2013 Denon AVRs linked below ..... Review posts 3-6 in that thread for general helpful information.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...vr-model-owner-s-thread-faq.html#post23134210
Ok thanks, but one more question. Is it better for me to run the audio in PCM or Bitstream? I have my cable box connected through my Xbox one which is what I use to watch my Blurays as well, so I want to have the best sound possible and am a little confused on which is better PCM or Bitstream.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts