AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out how to configure my PA4000 such that it can have 4 sepparate inputs and 4 sepparate outputs. I have read the manual but it is not clear on this at all. I was hoping someone could help me out. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

m00n :)

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Call H/K customer support at 800 645-7484.

Dsmith

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
PA 4000 cannot have 4 separate inputs..

It was designed for Multi-Zone, Single Source iand then this source is cascaded into each of the 4 amplifiers.. Or for higher power, each of the 2 pairs of amplifiers can be bridged (45W x 8 or 100W x 4 or 45W x 4 + 100W x 2)... :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, that is not good. Damn... I am trying to run an additional set of side surrounds and 2 rears.... I thought this amp had the ability to do this.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok... let me ask this.

1) With DD-EX and DTS-ES, are the rear channels on that mono? Meaning, does the rear left and rear right play the exact same signal? Or are they sepparate as your surround left and right?

If they are mono, then I would only need 3 inputs... One input for my second surr left, one for my second surr right and then on input for my rears.

Now if that is the case, I am assuming, I can still use this amp for my needs right Because I can hook it up such that my two rears would still be powered.... Yes?

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by m00n
Ok... let me ask this.

1) With DD-EX and DTS-ES, are the rear channels on that mono? Meaning, does the rear left and rear right play the exact same signal? Or are they sepparate as your surround left and right?

If they are mono, then I would only need 3 inputs... One input for my second surr left, one for my second surr right and then on input for my rears.

Now if that is the case, I am assuming, I can still use this amp for my needs right Because I can hook it up such that my two rears would still be powered.... Yes?
The PA 4000 has dual source inputs, so U can use it for Rear Surrounds and Multi-Zone/Single Source operation. Regarding DD-EX and DTS 6.1 ES the back surrounds are Mono... :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.