AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to use HDMI connections for my newly purchased A2 when it comes but I have a question.

If I am watching something with HDMI...then switch over to another source (a DVD Player for example) will the machine stop playing the disc or will it continue to play it..

I had the A1 and everytime you switched sources it would always stop playing the disc saying "Lost connection" or something...is the A2 the same way? It so much easier to show people the difference between HD and SD when switching abck and fourth.

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
15,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preditor74 /forum/post/0

So I am going to use HDMI connections for my newly purchased A2 when it comes but I have a question.

If I am watching something with HDMI...then switch over to another source (a DVD Player for example) will the machine stop playing the disc or will it continue to play it..

I had the A1 and everytime you switched sources it would always stop playing the disc saying "Lost connection" or something...is the A2 the same way? It so much easier to show people the difference between HD and SD when switching abck and fourth.

Greetings,

To my understanding this has been resolved on the A2/A20/XA2 line. I have the XA2 but have not tried it.

Regards,

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi, ive posted on forum before. i have a 5-year-old mits 55859 hdtv. teriffic pic, but NO hdmi input. im dying to get tosh hd dvd player. but without hdmi input on my tv, it's my understanding it will not upconvert sd dvd. im not ready to replace an otherwise excellent hdtv at this point. is there a workaround for this problem? for instance, are there any AVRs that dont cost an arm and a leg through which this could be accomplished. thanks for any suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.