Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the Integra DTR-9.1U2?

I need as many component outputs as I can get. I plan on running my XBox and dvd player through the Integra for sound and video.

Where can I find the best deal on the DTR-9.1U2?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
As far as I know Integra is not sold on a single website. They have a very strict authorized dealer policy that excludes online sales.

·
Registered
845 Posts
It's a great receiver that should be compared to the Denon and Pioneer by people shopping for a flagship unit. It's said to be identical to the Onkyo 989 Ver. II, except the Integra has 12V triggers and a 3 year warranty. It's much easier to find a good price on the Onkyo version.

Good luck!

·
Registered
95 Posts
TL5,

Is that the main difference between all the Integra vs. Onkyo? Nothing else changes in the amp section? (I'm considering the 5.3, but the SR600 just recieved very low actual wattage performance in an ouput test)

sorry to get off subject, NML.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NML
I need as many component outputs as I can get.
The 9.1 has a single component output just like nearly every other receiver. It does have 3 component INPUTS though. Most lower priced receivers only have 2 component inputs. If you need more that 2 component inputs you could spend $1000 to $2000 less than the 9.1 and buy the Inday or the AA 4 in 1 out switcher for less than $200. The Onkyo 800 and 900 as well as the corresponding Integra units (7.3 and 8.3) are great receivers for a lot less than the 9.1. Don't get me wrong the 9.1 and Onkyo 989 are excellent receivers, they are just a little overkill if what your looking for is only an extra component input. Good luck.

Jay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info. I did make a mistake I meant to say I need as many component inputs as I can get.

I want to get a great receiver that is upgradeable. I don't want to have to get a new one every few years when something new comes out. I want to build a great sounding home theater sound system. I bought the HD-TV and satellite (almost forgot the XBox) now I want to work on the sound.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm looking at the Integra 8.3 vs the 9.3 also. there's about a $1400 difference and i'm not sure if its worth it. unfortunately, i can't do a side by side comparison. NML, did you buy anything yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a nice receiver, easy to set up with some nice options. I just notice that when I am watching a DD 5.1 movie I have to turn the volume up to about 70-80 to get the kind of sound I want out of all of my speakers.

I want a receiver that is more powerful and I like that the 9.1u2 is software and hardware upgradeable.

I am still looking for a good deal on one, in the past I have never spent more than $1,000.00 for a receiver. $3600 or even $2800.00 with the trade in of my 5.3 is a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NML
I just notice that when I am watching a DD 5.1 movie I have to turn the volume up to about 70-80 to get the kind of sound I want out of all of my speakers.
I believe all Onkyo receivers behave the same way. I have an Onkyo 898 ($1500 list) which replaced my $1000 Yamaha. The volume control was the first thing I noticed with the Onkyo. On my Yamaha I never had to turn the knob past 50%. The 9.1 is certainly more powerful than the 5.3. but even with the 9.1 you will still have turn the volume up more than you would expect. Here is a thread on another forum regarding the volume control an Onkyo 989v2 (nearly identical to the 9.1u2).
Quote:
I have the Onkyo 989 version 2 which i have purchased recently. I get a feeling that it's not loud enough. To watch movies or listen to music I turn the volume upto 65-70 to get a good effect.
With my 898 I use the relative volume (rather than absolute) display and am now used to it. Good luck.

Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.