AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my Panny through Dell. Have a few questions (aside from the long wait :( )

a. Does the unit come with a Stand ?

b. Are speakers included ?

Or do I have to order these items as accesories ? if yes, where would be a good place to order them ?

Thanks for your input. This forum has helped me make an intelligent purchase :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
A) not the 4uy

B) no

I bought both a table stand and wall mount. There are a number of different manufacturers of stands depending upon your intended application. My wall mount was economical and easy to install made by Peerless. There are several threads with links to manufacturers of specialty stands but your needs will help in the suggestion of one.

There are stands and/or mounts with shelves, wheels, reticulating arms etc. Since there are a number of commercial applications for plasmas, there are a number of different stands to assist in display purposes. Plasma depot's web site has a few examples but there are a wide variety of choices depending upon your needs and the money you want to spend.

My speakers are part of my home AV system and are not connected to my plasma so I can't help there.

Don't forget things such as cable issues (BNC vs RCA) and if you do plan to wall mount, you may wish to consider how you plan to hide the power cord, component cables, svideo etc. We tried three locations before finally deciding exactly where we wanted to put the wall mount. These plasma displays have been known to cause the need (or excuse) for more furniture. Good luck!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Speaking of Center speakers, can you stack a typical center speaker on top of a wall-mounted plasma? I"d assume with the wallmount bracket, the front of your plasma would be at least 5-7" out from the wall...

·
Registered
604 Posts
marius - I wouldn't consider this a viable option for several reasons. First, the extra weight may cause the wall mount to be out of spec. Second, the plasma units all emit substantial amounts of heat and leaving a clear space above the unit is a good idea.

Depending upon the size of the conter channel, a shelf of some manner is easily devised to place the speaker below the wall mounted plasma.

regards,

patrick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.