AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was curious if it is possible to download demos, trailers, and even full games off of the Playstation Store using your PC? I want to be able to download them on my PC then transfer them onto my PS3 with external means.

I understand this will not be an issue once they make downloading capable in the background while playing games, but I would be able to download a lot faster on my pc. Has anyone heard anything about this or if it's even possible?

If not, I think this would be a beneficial feature for the firmware update in March to be able to transfer items easily onto you ps3 using external means or through a LAN. Also as of now I'm not intersted in changing the OS to linux.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I havent read or come across anything about accessing the PS store via PC. The only thing I've seen so far, is the the system software is available for download via pc and you can upgrad the ps3 (system software) that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here. I figured this wasn't going to be possible. My idea was to use programs such as DAP and Flashget to download this software faster. I'm on cable but the download speeds have just taken way to long for my liking.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I would think all you'd need is the URL to the store

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.