AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in west orange, new jersey about 20 miles from new york city. I bought a silver sensor today. I'm getting an hdtv in about 2 weeks. I plugged it into my analog tv and tried to get a signal to see if it would work and i got hardly anything. Does this mean that I won't get hd either and that i just shouldn't even try to buy a box and the whole bit. I'll get hd through comcast everything but CBS!! which i really want. What should I do?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Not necessarily. Are you looking at the UHF analog channels? Those are the ones that matters. Any channels above 13 should come in fairly well with the SS. If you're getting squat on UHF analog, then you probably won't get anything digital either.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Have you checked what local stations are broadcasting in digital and if they are close enough to you? Go to www.antennaweb.org and enter your address/zipcode there to get a list of stations with a color-coded signal level and pointing direction for each. For the silver sensor, the stations should be yellow or green level, weaker signals will require a larger outdoor antenna.

·
Registered
331 Posts
RelDudeGOP - I'm about the same distance from the Philly transmitter, and I get all stations well here using a Silver Sensor. You should be fine, unless you have unique terrain issues (ie. you're behind a mountain).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm kinda in a small valley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.