AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a sony ht-ddw995 package, mainly for the receiver. i've got a wii on component, ps3 on hdmi, 360 on hdmi, tivo on component, and xbox on component. so what really sold me was the hdmi audio processing and not just pass through.

i tried looking for a independant receiver but couldn't find one compariable around the same price range with full hdmi 1080p/audio processing. does anyone have any suggestions?

now, i mainly have two questions. if i hook everything i have up to the receiver and use the hdmi out to my tv. it will also display the stuff on component through the hdmi port to my tv correct? i looked through the manual and it only states that hdmi in will only display on hdmi out. nothing about component in to hdmi out.

my other question is related to the speakers. now, the packaged speakers, i don't think are very good. but i might keep for a while until i decided to upgrade. how upgradeable is the receiver in terms of speaker support? i read that it's rated at 6ohms. while most speakers i've looked at are 8 ohms. is that going to be an issue? can someone link me to a good clear explaination of matching receiver/speaker impedance?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_nx /forum/post/12967282

if i hook everything i have up to the receiver and use the hdmi out to my tv. it will also display the stuff on component through the hdmi port to my tv correct? i looked through the manual and it only states that hdmi in will only display on hdmi out. nothing about component in to hdmi out.

The STR-K995 receiver that you get with the HT-DDW995 will NOT display the component inputs via the HDMI connection to your TV. For the equipment line-up you've described, you'll have to connect the receiver to the TV with a component video cable AND a HDMI cable. AFAIK, there are no Sony HTIB receivers that include this upconvert/transcode feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts