AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here and am not at all well versed in the world of speakers, subwoofers, or audio electronics in general. I have a question and I'm really hoping to get some insight.

I am currently using the Bose Companion 3 Series II speakers with my computer at college. I have a pretty nice stereo set up at home; B&W speakers, Marantz receiver and a Technics SL1700 turntable. I love listening to records and I'd love to bring my turntable with me to school but the only way for me to plausibly use it is to connect it to my the speakers/sub I use with my computer, because I don't have room or money for anything else.

I know that I need an AV to 3.5mm adapter in order to hook the turntable up to the aux input in my system, but my main question is this: Do I need a preamp? Someone recently brought this up to me and I hadn't thought about it at all. Once again, I don't understand the technical aspects of these things so I'm really not sure. Do I need a preamp to connect my turntable to the Bose Companion 3 speaker system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.