AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simultaneously to operate two hdtv's simultaneously. Does the Motorola DCT6200/2005 support this operation?

We currently run DVI out to an hdmi input on a Polaroid 32" using the DCT6200. I would like to use the component video to add second hdtv, a just purchased Samsung LN22B350F2D from Best Buy, for use in the kitchen. I know the signal will be the same. This is a benefit as opposed to a negative.

I see component video cables 25 feet long for sale... BUT my question is will the Cable Box supply the DVI and component outputs at the same time.

I've searched and read on the forum for about an hour and a half. Also read the 6200 manual thoroughly with no luck.

Hoping maybe someone has done this successfully. Maybe I need an HDMI splitter? I'm sure there is way to do this without adding a second set top box. Any suggestion much appreciated. Rickisan

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I haven't had a 6200 for years but from what I recall both the DVI and Component outputs were always active.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will try it out and get some of the 25' cables if it works. Thanks again. dfrp1

·
Registered
99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrp1 /forum/post/17010848

Thanks. I will try it out and get some of the 25' cables if it works. Thanks again. dfrp1

25' cables? Wot?

Wouldn't it be easier to just stack the TVs up on top of one another? As I recall, a vertical array of three works pretty well.

Add to that a Seven-Up and a couple of BCs... along with a box of Cheez-Its and a pack of Fatimas... and you'll be pretty much good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts