AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Samsung DLP under warranty at a retailer, the part was on back-order for three weeks after the local repair shop took my TV and I sat without a TV, so they (my warranty provider) gave me a brand new Mitsubishi DLP as a replacement (as in permanently), and that happened 12 days ago.

I assumed I would never hear from the repair shop or see my TV again, but the repair shop just called and left a message saying the part is in and that they'll call me when it's ready to be delivered back.

What the heck is going on here? Will my warranty provider give me a replacement TV AND allow me to get my old one back?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never did ask them what will happen with the old TV, and it was almost 3 weeks ago they decided to just give me a new TV, and now the repair shop is going to seemingly call me today or tomorrow and setup a delivery date....I'm assuming they're doing all this cause they are counting on getting paid by the warranty provider or already have. If the repair shop has already spent the money and put the part in the TV, I would think the warranty provider would just pay the $250 for the part and be done with it, and then after that why wouldn't they just give it to me, rather than shipping it to them which would cost more, and then what do they do with a 4 year old TV?

I'm just wondering if it's common to get your original TV back after getting a warranty replacement TV as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts