AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Definitely worth a read.

There's an update or something coming out soon isn't there? I seem to recall an email not too long ago about that...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I bought it after I had done a lot of reading on the Forums and enjoyed it but, frankly, didn't get much out of it. That said, I think Warren has done a great job of trying to boil down the salient points and, at least, raised some of the key issues and things to think about. If you haven't spent much time on the Forums its a good read and would probably really help - but I still would not replace time spent on this Forum with any book. If you read on this Forum, then read, read and read some more - and ask good questions - I think you'll be a lot further ahead. The knowledge is here.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here. When I bought this about 3 years ago, it was already fairly dated, but Warren promised me an update at no charge that was supposedly coming out soon. I know this book is still being actively promoted, and I actually got a lot out of the outdated one (most of the information was still relevant). My e-mail to him was ignored/missed I sent in November, so I wondered if anyone had bought it recently and what the date of publication is now?

·
Registered
12,733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turls  /t/988142/question-about-warren-petersons-home-theater-book#post_24256621

Resurrecting an old thread here. When I bought this about 3 years ago, it was already fairly dated, but Warren promised me an update at no charge that was supposedly coming out soon. I know this book is still being actively promoted, and I actually got a lot out of the outdated one (most of the information was still relevant). My e-mail to him was ignored/missed I sent in November, so I wondered if anyone had bought it recently and what the date of publication is now?

Nope. No updates since 2008 that I know of.

Still not a bad book. The video series came out, but I never got into it.

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h  /t/988142/question-about-warren-petersons-home-theater-book/0_40#post_24257687

Nope. No updates since 2008 that I know of.

Still not a bad book. The video series came out, but I never got into it.

Not a true statement, I finished the Bacon Race project in 2011 and that is featured in the current version, I also contributed some edits to the book when Warren was editing it sometime after that project. He added interviews and other material all after 2008.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Thanks Big, my edition shows date of 2006. Not sure why I can't get what was promised to me, but I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/988142/question-about-warren-petersons-home-theater-book#post_24258461

Not a true statement, I finished the Bacon Race project in 2011 and that is featured in the current version, I also contributed some edits to the book when Warren was editing it sometime after that project. He added interviews and other material all after 2008.

Good to know! For some reason, the update process hasn't worked. Since I'm not the only one who has had that trouble, we assumed there was no update available -- rather than a glitch.

I'll try again.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h  /t/988142/question-about-warren-petersons-home-theater-book#post_24259004

Good to know! For some reason, the update process hasn't worked. Since I'm not the only one who has had that trouble, we assumed there was no update available -- rather than a glitch.

I'll try again.

What update process are you referring to? All I know of is depending on Warren to give us the update he promised.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turls  /t/988142/question-about-warren-petersons-home-theater-book#post_24266140

What update process are you referring to? All I know of is depending on Warren to give us the update he promised.

For a time, the latest was available as a download. Looks like the URL I have from when I bought it and the password no longer work.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Ok, what the heck does this mean from a Jan. 20 tweet from Warren? Since I can't get an answer by e-mail, I replied to this tweet.

"Want to order my #hometheater book, audio interviews, and videos, act now - the site is about to come down! #changes http://TheHomeTheaterBook.com "

·
Registered
12,733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turls  /t/988142/question-about-warren-petersons-home-theater-book#post_24267512

Ok, what the heck does this mean from a Jan. 20 tweet from Warren? Since I can't get an answer by e-mail, I replied to this tweet.

"Want to order my #hometheater book, audio interviews, and videos, act now - the site is about to come down! #changes http://TheHomeTheaterBook.com "

I think it means the book is no longer for sale. Looking at the site, it appears it's now about the online course and videos. But I don't really know for sure. This is speculation.

But if you read the current thread, where Warren has been very active, it appears that the book is now a "course" (in rich media PDF format) so maybe that tweet was just about a little down time, as the site was updated, and this is still considered a "book".

Current info:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1390022/avs-presents-the-ultimate-course-on-home-theater

1 - 15 of 15 Posts