AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere here that Weinstein had the distribution rights to Dimension films and I was just wondering if that meant the older ones or just the new releases? I would love to see some of their horror movies come out and I think we'd have a better chance of seeing them if Weinstein had them due to them having a smaller catalog than Disney.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr1 /forum/post/0

I read somewhere here that Weinstein had the distribution rights to Dimension films and I was just wondering if that meant the older ones or just the new releases? I would love to see some of their horror movies come out and I think we'd have a better chance of seeing them if Weinstein had them due to them having a smaller catalog than Disney.

They own the Dimension name which really means nothing. They got a couple dozen of Dimension and Miramax films in the divorce with Disney (apparently the ability to claim these movies is staged over the next several years. So if it says dimension it means absolutely nothing until you figure out if its Weinstein or Disney Dimension film and even after that you have to figure out if it was transfered to Weinstein at or after the divorce.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts