AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go into my local EB games today and ask about release dates for Burnout:Revenge. I hear that the game is being released on XBox in September and for the 360 in January (just pushed back from November). I have a 360 preordered, but I love the Burnout franchise and don't know if I can wait until January for the 360 version. My questions are this....


1) for games released on different systems, what's going to be the difference, just graphically, or will there be more levels, more "stuff" on the 360 version?


2) If I buy the regular version in September, will all my "stats" transfer when I pick up the 360 version (like my burnout online points and stuff?)


3) will people playing the 360 version get to play simultaneously against those playing the regular version?


4) Are 360 Live users going to be segmented from regular live users? Has this question been answered? Sorry if I haven't seen it addressed in any other threads.


Thanks for the responses guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
There was a similar question in the xbox.ign.com mailbag and the editors responded by saying that the two versions would have enough similarities to warrant 2 purchases (which is probably not likely). Personally, I highly doubt that the stats would transfer over considering they are most likely going to be two different games, despite core similarities.
 

·
Registered
Config: 5.2.4; Receiver: Denon AVR-X4700h, Display: LG OLED55C7P; Speakers: MartinLogan
Joined
·
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan S
1) for games released on different systems, what's going to be the difference, just graphically, or will there be more levels, more "stuff" on the 360 version?
EA typically writes code for one system, then ports it to all the other systems. I would be surprised if they do anything differently with the Burnout franchise.

Quote:
2) If I buy the regular version in September, will all my "stats" transfer when I pick up the 360 version (like my burnout online points and stuff?)
Hmm... I would doubt it, but that's just gut instinct as they would be brought up under different games.

Quote:
3) will people playing the 360 version get to play simultaneously against those playing the regular version?
Doubt it as it is a different platform, but technically I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Quote:
4) Are 360 Live users going to be segmented from regular live users? Has this question been answered? Sorry if I haven't seen it addressed in any other threads.
Apparently if you're on live, you're on Live. But if you have 360's Live, then you can get more info and do more stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,717 Posts
I know that Xbox Battlefield 2 players can play against Xbox 360 BF2 players but then for another EA game they said you can't play Xbox vs 360 (can't remember which one, anybody?) It's for sure you can see people on Xbox 360 when you're on Xbox and vice versa, but I wouldn't assume you can interplay any ported game unless they announce it specifically.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top